Rockwell City , IA
Farmers Cooperative is currently seeking someone to maximize the potential of the locations personnel, assets, and inventory in a manner that balances the demands of customer service within the constraints of solid economic return.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.Hire, motivate, train & lead employees to meet job description.
- Manage location counter, grain and agronomy operations personnel and all duties associated.
- Cross train employees in all departments.
- Communicate activities, needs & accomplishments with staff personnel and employees.
- Communicate goals and objectives with all location employees.
- Establish Location goals & objectives.
- Develop and monitor location budget.
- Manage location P&L numbers to location budget.
- Monitor outside contractors and safety procedures.
- Manage grain, agronomy and feed inventory quality and quantity.
- Maintain facility appearance and operational condition.
- Identify opportunities within area to grow FC market share.
- Assure safety compliance.
- Assure food safety compliance.
- Designated as Quality Manager for location.
- Monitor monthly safety meetings and have knowledge in documenting accidents.
- Know & follow grain, agronomy and feed policies and procedures.
QMS equipment calibration log for moisture meters & mineral oilers
Internal food safety inspections
Location training records
- Verify and code of all invoices.
- Monitor customer needs and formulate responses.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Inventory software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Associate of Arts, Bachelors Degree, Agricultural Technology