Assists in the underwriting process by providing support in the areas of customer service and clerical duties.
Process renewals, new business and endorsements timely and accurately. Will assist in the underwriting process of renewals and quotes by requesting reports and gathering needed information from external sources; Assists in customer service phone calls.
Essential Functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Provide quality customer service phone calls and ensure data quality, timely data entry, and policy processing.
2. Understand the software data fields and is capable of interpreting and transferring information from applications, etc to the corresponding data field.
3. Enter policy changes requested by underwriters. Review changes at a customer level to ensure all policies affected are included.
4. Attend and participate in appropriate meetings.
5. Compile information from internal and external sources to assist underwriters with renewals and new business.
6. Review underwriting information for accuracy and/or discrepancies and refer information back to the underwriter.
7. Document all transactions according to company guidelines.
8. Demonstrate a history of high quality work and is capable of being a leader by example with documented results.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of insurance underwriting, collection and interpretation of data.
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations.
- Obtain and utilize sensitive information discreetly and objectively.
- Maintain records, prepare reports and conduct correspondence related to the work.
- Recognize questionable coverage or contract situation which may necessitate management involvement.
- Analyze complex issues and make critical decisions.
- Read, interpret and input data efficiently and accurately.
- Communicate effectively with others (oral and written).
- Follow oral and written directions.
- Work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Contribute effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Provide effective customer service.
- Organize and prioritize work.
- Work independently and use initiative.
- Handle multiple tasks at once.
- Meet definite deadlines and deal with pressure situations.
- Utilize computer and related software effectively.
- Skill in Microsoft computer programs.
Education, Training and Work Experience
Associates degree and two (2) years of experience in business or clerical work OR an equivalent combination of closely related education, training and experience.
Associate of Arts, Bachelors Degree, Administrative Specialist, Business
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org