Iowa City, IA
The Johnson County Civil Service Commission will conduct a periodic testing of applicants for the position of Deputy Sheriff on September 27, 2014.
Please visit www.johnson-county.com for a complete job description.
All candidates must meet the basic requirements for law enforcement officers established by the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy. These requirements provide that, prior to appointment, the candidate must:
- Be a U. S. Citizen and a resident of Iowa or intend to become a resident upon being employed;
- Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment;
- Hold a valid Iowa driver's license;
- Not be addicted to drugs or alcohol [modified for Chapter 400 civil service positions by §400.17 of the Code of Iowa];
- Be of good moral character as determined by a thorough background investigation including a fingerprint search conducted of local, state and national fingerprint files and have not been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude;
- Successfully pass physical fitness tests; (see chart below)
- Not be opposed to use of force to fulfill duties;
- Be a high school graduate or hold a GED certificate;
- Have uncorrected vision of not less than 20/100 in both eyes, corrected to 20/20, and color vision consistent with the Occupational demands of law enforcement;
- Have normal hearing in each ear (hearing aids are acceptable if a candidate can demonstrate sufficient hearing proficiency to perform all necessary duties of a law enforcement officer)
- Be examined by a physician and meet the physical requirements necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of a law enforcement officer.
- Undergo psychological testing.
- Undergo cognitive (Basic Skills) testing.
$21.25/hr to start
To apply for future Deputy Sheriff openings you must participate in Civil Service Testing. The application and additional testing information is available online at www.johnson-county.com or at Johnson County Human Resources, 913 S. Dubuque St. Ste. 103, Iowa City, IA 52240.
APPLICATION DEADLINE 4:00PM, September 12, 2014
9/12/2014 4:00:00 PM