Stellar Industries, Inc.
Department: Shipping & Receiving
Reports to: Assembly and Installation Supervisor
Summary: Supervise and coordinate activities of workers picking product and preparing it for same day shipping both nationally and internationally via expedited carrier services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow.
• Issue written and oral instructions.
• Assign duties and examine work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
• Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers.
• Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances.
• Interview and hire new employees.
• Confer with other managers to ensure coordination of other warehouse activities.
• Confer with other managers to ensure coordination of other functions such as production, inventory management and quality assurance.
• Ensure correct shipment of international orders and hazardous material orders.
• Identify employees’ skills and develop them by coaching and counseling employees on a regular basis.
• Conduct annual performance reviews and provide continual feedback on both positive and negative performance.
- Directs and coordinates traffic activities of organization.
- Develops methods and procedures for transportation of raw materials to processing and production areas and commodities from departments to customers, warehouses, or other storage facilities.
- Provides instructions for shipments when not specified, including classifications, rates, routing and type of service.
- Advises department of best methods and procedures available for most economic shipping practices.
- Initiates and processes claims for overcharge, loss or damage.
- May negotiate contracts for leasing of transportation equipment or property.
Knowledge and Skills
- High school education with additional education preferred.
- Five years experience in Shipping and Receiving.
- Must have knowledge of shipping documentation including international paperwork.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel. MRP applications experience.
- Experience managing other employees preferred.
No Degree, Associate of Arts, Bachelors Degree, Business, Industrial Business, Logistics and Transportation Management
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
or by email to: