Stellar Industries, Inc.
Job Title: Design Engineering
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Design and oversee the development, installation and operation of machines, equipment or systems taking into account cost, availability of materials, strength and maintenance requirements, safety and manufacturability, appearance, impact on the user and on the environment.
- Performs engineering assignments with objectives and involves conventional types of plans and specifications.
- Perform design calculations and prepare equipment and/or material specifications.
- Ability to perform designs using AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Simulation (FEA) software.
- Ability to design and troubleshoot hydraulic systems.
- Assignments require the investigation of a limited number of variables and supervisory assistance is provided on unusual problems.
- May supervise or coordinate the work of designers and other technical support personnel.
- Set up work control systems, e.g. testing of equipment to make sure those standards of performance, quality, cost and safety are met.
- Provides production support to the machining area and the assembly area.
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications.
- Coordinate activities concerned with the technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Perform duties reasonably assigned by Engineering Manager
- MRP applications experience.
- Should be familiar with the automotive industry and truck up fitting.
- Familiar with structural welding and weld symbols.
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience.
- Hydraulic, electrical and automotive experience.
- Internal combustion engine experience also preferred.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must be willing to adhere to safety requirements.
- Must be able to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to measure accurately using machine tools.
- Excel in interpersonal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Must have initiative, be willing to work independently and as part of a team, possess a strong desire to learn, and enjoy computing and technical design, and be practical and creative.
- Mathematical skills such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Bachelors Degree, Engineering and Design Technology
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, life, and disability insurance, 401k retirement, ESPO, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: email@example.com