Fort Dodge, IA
This position has responsibilities to maintain, troubleshoot and repair a variety of electrical and mechanical equipment in a processing environment. This position requires the ability to multi-task with minimal supervision, and prefer knowledge such as electrical controls, mechanical systems, refrigeration systems, welding, fabrication and manufacturing processes.
EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled – BHJ, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability preferred with reasonable accommodations made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. Willing to train the right candidate.
- Works from verbal and written instructions, blueprints and sketches to completed work orders and PM’s
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment and systems for normal and emergency repairs
- Applies skills, experience, and general knowledge to a wide range of tasks to adjust, repair, disassemble, replace and reassemble plant equipment
- Performs preventative maintenance routines and inspections
- Utilize hand tools and common powered hand and shop tools
- Approaches job duties with a sense of urgency, accuracy and safety
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to read and write fluently in English to communicate and understand technical/training manuals written in English.
- Possess the ability to function effectively in a team environment and interact productively with all levels of team personnel and outside contractors
- Ability to operate a forklift, genie lift and/or scissor lift preferred
- Displays sound judgment, organizational skills and ability to work independently with little supervision
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Please come to the plant location for an application or forward resumes to: