Triton Dining F.A.Q.'s

Don't see your question listed below? Please contact us by clicking the Contact Us link to the right.

Who do I contact if I have special food needs? (allergies, vegetarian, ect.)

Contact your R.A. or Monica Rowden at 515-574-1376

What if I have a class during meal time?

Sack lunches are available. All you have to do is fill out a form available from the Triton Café cashier station and return it with at least 24 hours notice.

What if class are canceled/delayed?

If class in canceled before 7:00am

Breakfast: 7:00am-8:00am
Lunch: 11:00am-12:00pm
Dinner: 4:30pm-5:15pm

If class is canceled before 11:00am

Lunch: 11:00am-12:00pm
Dinner: 4:30pm-5:15pm

If class is canceled before 4:00pm

Dinner: 4:30pm-5:15pm

Can anyone eat at the Triton Zone or Triton Café Room?


How much can I eat?

You may eat 1 entree at a time and come back as many times as you need to! Exception to the rule is when we have a two entree on special focus meal. (Does not apply to Steak Day)

Can I take food with me when I leave?

All food must be eaten in the dining room area with the exception of ice cream cones. No filling up of containers is allowed. We will provide a glass for your dining room use. All containers need to be left in backpacks or checked at the cashier station.

What if I am to sick to come eat in the Triton Café?

Contact your R.A. and they can pick up a sack lunch for you.

Can I bring my own food in to eat?


Can my friends who don't have a meal plan come in and sit with me while I eat?

Due to limited space and to keep costs down, we ask that if you are not on a meal plan or purchasing a meal plan that you are not in the Triton Café. This means that friends that do not live on campus and have a meal plan can not sit with you.

Can I grab a quick bite to eat, leave and then come back later for more?

No. But you can eat as much as you want as long as you don't leave the Triton Café.

Can I work for the Triton Inn Café/Triton Zone?

You can pick up a job application at the Triton Inn Dining Room.

Who is Great Western Dining?

Great Western Dining is a contract company based out of Tipton, MO that mainly caters to Junior Colleges in Missouri, Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma. Iowa Central is one of tow colleges in Iowa that holds a contract with Great Western Dining. Great Western Dining has proudly served the Tritons for over 15 years.

Can I bring people over for lunch if I have a business meeting?

Yes you can. Contact Ed Higgins at extention 1377, Stephanie Harris at extension 1378, or Monica Rowden at extension 1376.

Where are the Triton Café and Triton Zone located?

The Triton Café Room is located next to the SSS Building on the Fort Dodge Campus.

The Triton Zone is located in the Student Resource Center on the Fort Dodge Campus.

What if I lose my Meal Plan Card?

If a student losses their card, they need to come to the Residence Life office and we will make them a new one. The cost of a replacement is $10.

Can I share my Meal Plan Card with someone?

If a student is caught sharing their meal card with another student, that is a violation of our three strike policy. Fines will be given according to that policy.