Triton Athletic Award
In celebration of its historic athletic past, Iowa Central Community College is proud to offer the Triton Athletic Award. Its purpose is to honor significant contributions of former Triton athletes, coaches, administrators, and supporters to the success of Eagle Grove Junior College, Webster City Junior College, Fort Dodge Junior College, and Iowa Central Community College athletics.
A person must meet at least one of the following to be eligible for induction:
- Attended Iowa Central Community College or one of the above listed entities and had an outstanding career as an athlete.
- Coached and gained acclaim for his/her program, Iowa Central, and the community.
- Served as an administrator and demonstrated outstanding leadership and service to Iowa Central’s athletic programs.
- Made a considerable commitment to the betterment of athletics at Iowa Central Community College.
A nominee must meet one of the following:
- Former athletes to be honored must have been removed from Iowa Central Community College a minimum of five years.
- Coaches, administrators, and supporters must have been officially removed from Iowa Central Community College at least two years.
- A supporter who has a demonstrated commitment to Triton athletics.
There are no restrictions on who may nominate someone. However, those nominating someone MUST be identified and secure the permission of the nominee. The nominator must also secure two additional letters of recommendations to be submitted to the Executive Director of Development and Alumni Relations.
The inaugural class will feature up to five inductees and each subsequent class will have no more than five inductees.
Inductees will be honored each year at the Alumni Homecoming Celebration. The induction ceremony will be held on Saturday, October 5th, 2019.
A nomination form can filled out via the link below, downloaded here, or a copy can be picked up at the office of the Executive Director of Development and Alumni Relations.