Admissions to EMT-Paramedic Program
1. Complete an Iowa Central Application.
2. Submit a copy of your high school transcripts or HSED or GED scores. (must meet the minimum requirements: minimum of a high school diploma (GPA of 2.5) or equivalent (GED of 550 or HiSET of 15)
3. Submit a copy of assessment scores. (ACT, ASSET or COMPASS scores must meet the minimum requirements: ACT score of 18 or above in English and Reading, ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension 65 and WritePlacer 4, ALEKS 14 or ASSET scores of 40 in the categories of writing and reading).
4. Submit college transcripts.
If previous college courses have been taken, the GPA is at least 2.0.
5. Student must be 17 years of age prior to/at the first day of class.
6. Have high school diploma or it's equivalent if enrolling in the Paramedic Program.
7. Be able to speak, write, and read English.
8. Hold a current course completion card in CPR for the Healthcare Provider or CPR for the Professional Rescuer if enrolling in an EMT, Advanced EMT, or Paramedic.
9. Be currently certified, as a minimum, as an EMT, if enrolling in an Advanced EMS course. If currently certified in another state as an EMT-B or higher level, the applicant must submit an endorsement application to the Iowa Bureau of EMS within two weeks of the course start date.