Radiologic Technology Student Responsibility
1. Student must meet the minimum requirements before they will be considered for admission into the Radiologic Technology program.
2. Complete the Radiology Application Packet AND Personal References Form prior to the deadline.
3. The following courses must be completed prior to a student starting the Radiologic Technology program ("RAD" courses):
- BIO-168 Human Anatomy & Physiology I w/lab
- HSC-113 Medical Terminology
- Approved Math Elective
4. All other requirements as outlined in the course schedule.
Students must earn a grade of a “C” or better in all Radiologic Technology curriculum courses and meet the necessary prerequisites to progress in the program. The student must complete the program with a grade point average of 2.0 or better. The student must complete all radiology specific courses within 3 years.
Students receive clinical experience in a variety of clinical settings. A medical health form and certification in basic cardiac life support must be completed prior to attending clinical. Transportation to the clinical site is the student’s responsibility. Uniforms are purchased by the student and worn to clinical. Graduates of the program are academically eligible to take the exam administered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Upon successful completion of this exam, they become a Registered Radiologic Technologist R.T. (R)
Students with a felony or misdemeanor conviction must notify the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists prior to entering the program, to ensure they are eligible to take the Registry's Examination.
Recommended Admission Criteria
It is recommended that the following high school courses be taken prior to entrance into the program:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- High School GPA 2.5
- GED Scores 550 or HiSET 15
- Assessment Scores
- ACT: 18 English, 18 Reading
- ALEKS 30 Math
- ACCUPLACER Reading 65, WritePlacer 4
The Radiologic Program is accredited by: The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, 20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, Illinois, 60606-3182.