A. Account creation/modification
- Will be completed in a timely fashion after receiving New Account Request Form or Account Modification Form.
- When account has been created or modified supervisor will be notified.
B. Employee Exit
- When the employee exits,his or her account will be deleted upon the submission of the Employee Exit Form by the department supervisor.
- Per the Technology Use Policy, all employee data residing on Iowa Central’s systems is property of Iowa Central.
C. Networked Data Storage
- The networked storage is for the use of files that facilitate or aid Iowa Central’s instruction, business, and operation.
- The networked storage limitation for personal network storage (H drive) is 2 gigabytes (2,000 megabytes).
- The Technology Department will conduct periodic audits of the networked storage. If your personal network storage(H drive)exceeds the limitation listed above, you will be sent correspondence detailing the excess. You will have two weeks from the date listed on the correspondence to delete or organize files to be under the listed storage limitation. If you are not under the limitation at the end of the two weeks, your personal network storage access will be disabled. You must contact the Technology Department for assistance.
D. Email Account Storage
- The email account is for the use of correspondence that facilitates or aids Iowa Central’s instruction, business, and operation.
- The email account storage limitation is 700 megabytes.
- The Technology Department will conduct periodic audits of the email system.If your email account size reaches 500 megabytes, you will be sent an automated message informing you that you are approaching the limit. If your email account size reaches 600 megabytes, you will not be able to send new email messages.If your email account size reaches 700 megabytes, you will not be able to send or receive new email. You will be required to delete or organize the account until you are under the limitation.
- Any emails in the Junk Email folder will be deleted if the emails have been in the folder for seven days. You will receive an automated message when this occurs.
- Any email in the Deleted Items folder will be permanently deleted if the emails have been in the folder for 14 days. You will receive an automated message when this occurs.
- Voicemail box size is limited to 15 minutes of storage. After 15 minutes of storage you will not be able to forward messages.
- Media is defined as CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, floppy disks, flash drives, and other storage media.
- Media containing confidential information pertaining to Iowa Central employees or students must be disposed of properly.
- Contact Technology Staff for current disposal methods.
- Physical documents containing confidential information pertaining to Iowa Central employees or students must be disposed of properly.
- Proper disposal of paper documents at Iowa Central is shredding.
The Iowa Central Community College work order system is located in the TritonPass single sign-on system. There is a link to "My Work Order". On this page there are two different categories Technology and Informational Services.
- Computer Problems
- Phone Problems
- Networking Problems
- Distance Learning Problems
- Projector Problems
- DVD/VCR Problems
- Overhead Problems
B. Informational Services
- New Datatel User
- New Datatel Report/Query Request
- Change to existing Datatel Report/Query
- New Web Advisor
- Datatel Security
A. The Iowa Central Intranet is accessible from the TritonPass single sign-on system.
B. The intranet contains general college reference material for employees.
A. Computers are replaced in the computer labs every four years.
B. Computers out of the computer labs are cascaded to staff. All full time staff with desktops should receive a differen tsystem every other year.
A. Technology Plan
- Each year a form is sent for employee requests for Technology for the fall of the next academic year.
- The forms are sent in December and are due by the second week of February.
- These forms are also available to fill out online in TritonPass.
- Team will meet with each Department Head to set priorities for the requests.
- You will be notified of the condition of your request once the plan has been finalized.
B. Lab Software
- Request lab software on the book request form.
- Lab software is due at the same time the book requests are due.