FREE Application for Federal Student Aid
The FAFSA is an online application that students must fill out each year to be considered for Federal student aid. Fill out the FAFSA at https://fafsa.gov .
To be eligible for Federal Aid, students must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be registered for the Selective Service
- Be enrolled at Iowa Central Community College in a program leading to a degree, diploma or certificate
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards
- Not be in default on a Federal student loan or owe a payment on a Federal grant
- Some FAFSAs are selected for verification
- Verification may include completing the appropriates year’s verification forms and submitting copies of the student’s and parent’s (if applicable) Federal Tax Return Transcripts or W-2s.
- You may view documents needed in WebAdvisor under “My Documents”
Types of Aid
- Grants – A grant is assistance that does not have to be repaid.
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity (SEOG) Grant
- Iowa Vocational-Technical Grant
- Iowa Kibbie Grant
- For additional information provided by the U.S. Department of Education on how to fund your education, visit http://studentaid.ed.gov .
- Loans – A loan is financial assistance that must be repaid. Students who borrow a Direct loan and who are first time borrowers at Iowa Central are required to complete the Master Promissory Note and Direct Loan Entrance Counseling online at studentloans.gov .
- Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Plus Loans
- Private Student Loans - Private student loans may be available to students who meet Lender criteria. Please visit FASTChoice to learn more and to apply.