About Online Learning
Iowa Central strives to meet the needs of our students by offering courses in a variety of formats. In addition to the standard classroom offerings, we are committed to meeting the needs of students who are remote to campus by offering FlexNet, Online, and Virtual Class courses. A degree is not out of reach with all the different delivery methods available.
Online Programs allow students an opportunity to complete an entire program online! Full-time students will take two 8 week courses at a time. Choose from 6 affordable online programs, that are specifically designed for busy people pursuing a better life.
- Associate in Arts A.A. Degree
- Business A.P.S. Degree
- Computer Networking Technology A.A.S Degree
- Criminal Justice A.A.S. Degree
- Health Care Administration A.P.S. Degree
- Human Services A.P.S. Degree
Most students enrolled in Online Classes are completing a wide variety of courses ranging from psychology, sociology, math, humanities, English, and many, many more. Our classes are designed to be asynchronous where the learner can work at their own pace throughout the week.
Online classes are designed for students
- with busy schedules.
- who may not be able to attend an on-campus class.
- or who thrive in an online environment.
High School Partnerships
High School Partnerships involve high school students in grades 9 through 12 enrolling in Iowa Central classes via
- Senior Year Plus
- Project Earlybird
- or through Postsecondary Enrollment Options Act (PSEO only allows juniors and seniors, or freshman and sophomores identified as Talented and Gifted to enroll).
- Charter Schools are another option for high school students to earn college credits. These programs were developed to offer a wider variety and to help add rigor to the students’ curriculum.