For Students

Welcome to Iowa Central! Success is a huge part of what brought you here and the Student Counseling Center is available to help you do that.

Almost everyone can benefit from counseling services at some point in time throughout their life.  Stress is one of the number one reasons students seek outside help, especially during their college years. Counseling services are free, confidential, and offered to all enrolled students here at Iowa Central.

When Should I Consider Making an Appointment?

No concern you have is really too big or too small. Below are just a few examples of when it would be recommended to seek additional help.

  • You have persistent worry
  • You feel unhappy more days than you feel happy
  • You are struggling to focus on your schoolwork or other activities
  • You feel overwhelmed
  • You are having thoughts of hurting yourself or someone else

How Do I Make An Appointment?

Students can make an appointment through TritonPass by clicking on the link “Request for Counseling Appointment” listed under the heading Student Forms.  You can also e-mail or call 515-574-1051.

What Should I Do if I Need Help & the Counselor is Not Available?

If this is an urgent situation, please contact:

  1. Amber Graves, Health Services Coordinator at 515-574-1047 or She is on campus when students are here throughout the academic year.
  2. Campus Security is staffed every day during the school year from 8 AM- 7 AM (23 hours a day-including the weekends). They can be reached at 515-574-1000.
  3. Tom Beneke, Vice President of Enrollment Management & Student Development at 515-574-1050.

If the situation is an emergency, please call 911 or visit the closest Emergency Room.  In Fort Dodge, the ER is located at UnityPoint 802 Kenyon Road (just past Friendship Haven east of the college).