Name Changes

Requests for a name change need to be made in writing and delivered to the Student Records office with the appropriate documentation. To make a name change the student must complete a Name Change Request Form and provide one piece of documentation; which can include one of the following:

  • MARRIAGE: Original marriage license bearing the filing stamp from the county from which the license was issued.
  • DIVORCE: Original divorce decree that includes a specific decree granting restoration of the maiden name. The decree must be signed by the presiding judge and bear the county filing stamp.
  • COURT ORDER: Original court order signed by the presiding judge and bearing the county filing stamp.
  • CITIZENSHIP BY NATURALIZATION: Original Certificate of Naturalization
  • CORRECT AN ERROR ON ADMISSION APPLICATION: Birth Certificate, Driver’s License, or current U.S. Passport.