Securing Information Technology Program
The Securing Information Technology AAS degree is designed to provide a comprehensive program to develop a skilled workforce in the field of information technology and network security. This program provides graduates with specific skills related to the investigation and analysis of cyber intrusions and the maintenance of security protocols on information technology networks of various sizes. Graduates will be able to help organizations protect critical information, critical network infrastructure, assess threats, vulnerabilities, documentation and assist with forensic analysis of cyber incidents. The curriculum covers: preserving information confidentiality and protection, compliance, data and system integrity, availability, authenticity, and utility, and understanding the network infrastructure.
Full-time students can complete this degree in approximately 2 years.
Another feature of the program is preparation for industry certifications.
These certifications include CompTIA Security+, CySA+, CEH, Linux+, CHFI.
Between September 2017 and August 2018 there were more than 300,000 cybersecurity job openings nationally in private and public sectors.
Hiring managers noted only 25% of applicants were qualified for these positions. According to a 2019 (ISC) Cybersecurity Workforce study, the global cybersecurity workers need to grow by 145% to meet the demand for skilled cybersecurity talent (pre-COVID-19 statistics). The program is available to students with varied backgrounds. Sign up now and get on the fast track to the many employment opportunities including preserving information confidentiality and protection, compliance, data and system integrity, availability, authenticity, and utility, and understanding the network infrastructure.
The ESG/ISSA survey revealed that: Cybersecurity professionals have solid ideas for skills advancement. When asked how they improve their knowledge, skills, and abilities, 76% of cybersecurity professionals said attending specific cybersecurity training courses, 71% said participating in professional organizations, and 53% said attending industry trade shows. Cybersecurity job satisfaction depends on culture and continuing education. Cybersecurity professionals find job satisfaction from organizations that provide incentives for career advancement, provide an opportunity to work with other skilled cybersecurity professionals, and support a strong commitment to cybersecurity by business leaders.
Cybersecurity Career Opportunities
Employment of computer and information technology occupations is projected to grow 13 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations. These occupations are projected to add about 557,100 new jobs. Demand for these workers will stem from greater emphasis on cloud computing, the collection and storage of big data, and information security.
Information from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/home.htm
- Cybersecurity Ventures predicts there will be 3.5 million cybersecurity job openings by 2021.
- Cyberseek.org provides real-time data of the number of cybersecurity-related job openings on a state-by-state basis.
- CompTIA Cyberstates provides national, state, and metropolitan area tech sector and tech workforce analytics.
Cybersecurity Career Pathway
Securing Information Technology Scholarship Opportunities
- In addition to General, Foundation, and External Scholarship opportunities there are many other scholarships available for Computer Networking Technology students. Check out the links below and see what scholarships might be available for you!
- Dale and Donna Decker Transportation Scholarship Awarded to students enrolled in the diesel, logistics, accounting, semi-truck driving, or CNT programs at Iowa Central. Satisfactory academic standing, good moral character, and financial need are all considered.
- Program scholarships available
- Cyber Security Analyst
- IT Auditor
- Cyber Security Consultant
- Cyber Security Manager / Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Network Engineer / Architect
- Vulnerability Analyst / Penetration Tester
- Cyber Security Specialist / Technician
I love having a home away from home with all the friendships I have created.