Wondering what you need to do before starting classes at Iowa Central Community College? The Iowa Central Admissions team wants to make the transition easy. This checklist lists out each step, from campus visits through class enrollment:
- Schedule a campus visit.
- Complete an application for admission.
- Send transcripts (required).
- Submit placement test scores if needed.
- Proctored ALEKS placement test scores are required when applying to Health Science Programs, STEM majors wanting to take College Algebra or above, or Business students wanting to take Business Calculus. Please contact Admissions at 515-574-1004 with any questions.
- Apply for financial aid and scholarships.
- Apply for housing and submit your housing deposit.
- Contact your advisor to enroll in classes.
- Register for an Orientation Day. (Dates will be announced towards the end of May)
Iowa Central is awesome. There are personable teachers, a large campus feel, excellent music and drama departments, and the college is generous with scholarships. I’ve had some of the best experiences of my life here.