Student Ambassador Program
Student Ambassador Qualifications
Ambassadors are current students selected on the basis of leadership, personality, and desire to promote Iowa Central both on and off campus. Minimum qualifications include:
- Maintain full-time student status (12 credit hours per semester)
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Two scheduled office hours per week in the Admissions Office
- Twelve volunteer hours completed throughout each semester
- Two calling nights per semester (3 hours of calling prospective students each night)
- Leading campus tours for prospective students and their families
- Walking current and prospective students to different departments on campus
- Participate in group visit days such as Triton Visit Days, Stuff the Stadium, Jam the Gym and large-school group visits
- Provide assistance in the Admissions Office
- Sending personal thank-you cards to campus visit tours
- Nominations of two students for the program each year
At the end of each semester all Ambassadors are evaluated and rehired for the following semester based on their performance.
Ambassadors receive a minimum of a $300 scholarship each semester upon completion of requirements.
- Meet new current and prospective students, faculty, and staff
- Monthly outings
- References for job applications
- Strong experience opportunity for a resume
- Develop communication and leadership skills
- Improve public speaking abilities
Iowa Central has given me the opportunity to learn the game (basketball), and play at the highest level.