Business & Community: GAP
GAP Tuition Assistance
Iowa Central Community College Continuing Education utilizes the GAP Tuition Assistance Program to provide tuition support for eligible participants. To be an eligible program, the Continuing Education itself must offer one of the following:
- Non-credit only
- Low Income Up to 250% Poverty Level
- Iowa Resident
- Iowa Central Community College Classes only
- Must take NCRC or CASAS score at least Bronze
- Registered with Selective Services
- Do not have to have High School Diploma
Why offer GAP Tuition Assistance?
Non-credit certificate programs are not eligible for federal financial aid. This program fills the gap in providing resources to populations that would otherwise not be able to afford training. The following programs are offered:
- Accelerated CDL Certificate
- Basic Safety Certificate
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) Certificate
- Intro to Industrial Mechanics Certificate
- Production Welding Certificate
- Professional Truck Driver Institute Certified Course
Who is eligible?
Tuition Assistance for GAP is based on financial need and your ability to complete a program and gain full time employment.
(based on past 3 months)
250% Poverty Level
|Add for each additional family member||
What is covered?
Based on eligibility, you may qualify for partial or total assistance with tuition, books, and fees.
Do you receive food assistance?
If you receive food assistance you may qualify to participate in free training. The program was developed to help you learn skills for in-demand jobs that pay a higher wage.
Iowa Central is awesome. There are personable teachers, a large campus feel, excellent music and drama departments, and the college is generous with scholarships. I’ve had some of the best experiences of my life here.