Iowa Central Career Academies
Why attend an Iowa Central Career Academy?
- It provides an opportunity for a group of students from different school districts to enroll in a specific set of courses associated with a designated career area.
- Provides clear and precise career pathways through a specific sequence of courses.
- Allows school districts to pool resources and instruction.
- Provides more educational opportunities to students.
- Allows students to study all the basic courses AND get a skill they will keep for a lifetime... all while getting a head start on a career path.
- National Credentialing where available and applicable, such as the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) and OSHA 10.
- If accepted, students may participate in two different career pathways, over the course of two years. Students that are eligible to apply are Juniors, Seniors and all high school TAG students.
- Apprenticeship programs are available to select students and career pathways.
Iowa Central gave me the opportunity to do both things I wanted for myself. To major in dental hygiene and play soccer.