Last updated 3/31/2020 @ 8:30am
If you are experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or fever, please do not come to campus.
- Iowa Central has made the decision to move all classes to virtual delivery for the remainder of the Spring semester.
- All Iowa Central buildings are closed.
- High School Concurrent/Earlybird classes will follow your high school schedule/calendar.
- Career Academies began virtual instruction on March 25th.
- Current on-line classes resumed Tuesday, March 24th as scheduled.
- Housing students, click here if you are an in-state resident for more information.
- Housing students, click here if you are an out-of-state resident for more information.
- Currently students who MUST reside on campus during this period of remote delivery of instruction will also take classes remotely and will not be in the classroom.
- Currently students that remain on campus may still access the food pantry as needed by appointment.
- Please continue to check your Iowa Central email and the Iowa Central website for additional information.
- All clinical rotations are temporarily suspended until further notice. Watch for communication from Program Coordinators.
- Your attendance in virtual classes will continue to be tracked.
- Online classes will continue as normal.
- Adult Basic Education classes will not be held until further notice.
- Non-Credit (Business & Community Education) classes will continue with limited numbers and will be evaluated on an individual basis. Please call ahead.
- The next Truck Driving course is on hold until further notice.
- Please have a plan in place to ensure that you have internet access.
- Students and faculty can check with their provider (Verizon, Frontier, etc.) if they are having problems with their internet.
- On the Iowa Central campus, the WiFi is working in general, and students can sit in their vehicle to access it if needed.
The college continues to monitor the situation and has extended virtual delivery for the remainder of the semester.
These decisions have been made in consultation with the Board of Directors out of caution to prioritize health and safety as the outbreak continues to spread and circumstances evolve. We will also continue to follow guidance from the Center of Disease Control and the Iowa Department of Public Health, while working with our local partners. Please continue to adhere to the Center of Disease Control (CDC) recommendations and be sure to regularly check your college email account and website for updates.