COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
Last updated 4/30/2020 @ 9:45am
Dear Iowa Central students,
As we get closer to the conclusion of your spring semester with Iowa Central, we have important information to share with you. COVID-19 continues to impact decisions made and how we move forward. There is a lot of information in this update and it is very important for you to read all of it.
COVID-19 Emergency Grant Application Now Open
Students are encouraged to complete the application for Emergency Grant funds due to the disruption of campus operations caused by COVID-19. The money can be used for eligible expenses such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child care. The link to complete the application is located in the top right on the iowacentral.edu website, please click on the yellow button labeled COVID-19 Emergency Grant Application.
Student Account Balances
Beginning Monday, May 4, 2020, students with outstanding balances will not have access to gradebook. If your outstanding balance is not paid, transcript requests and any other official student documents will not be processed.
Out-of-State Student Move Out
If you are an out-of-state student that still has personal property in your student housing apartment/dorm room, you need to call housing as soon as possible at 515-574-1086 or 515-574-1088 to schedule a time to pick up your personal property.
Device and Textbooks
Detailed information regarding returning or keeping your devise, as well as picking up or returning textbooks can be found in the email sent to you from Samantha McClain on Tuesday, April 28. Please read her email for instructions regarding devices, textbooks and the curbside services which start May 4. For out-of-state students moving out on May 2, the bookstore will be open from 10am – 2pm.
The Iowa Central REC, along with the additional locations will be opening up on Friday, May 1 as allowed by Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds. The following rules are in place for re-opening:
- New hours: 5am-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat. 8am-2pm and Sunday 12-5pm with deep cleans after last hour.
- We will be limited areas we allow members- For the college only the main weight room, cardio room and locker rooms will be open.
- We will not have towel service but encourage members to bring their own towel- we will still supply disinfectant wipes we use at all our other locations.
- We will have signage posted: Do not enter if you are experiencing a running nose, cough, sore throat and fever while encouraging social distancing of 6 feet (only every other piece of cardio will be functioning). We will also have listed washing hands with soap/water and using hand sanitizer (all listed our on our signage)
- At other locations, steps are being put into place to gradually open. Kids Care at downtown will not be open, sauna, steam rooms not open, fitness class size will be limited.
Thank you for taking time to read this information. We are proud of what you have accomplished as a Triton!
Dr. Dan Kinney
Iowa Central Community College
General COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information & Tips
- Call ahead if you have these symptoms
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Symptoms
- Stopping the spread of germs
- What you need to know about COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Facts