COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
Last updated 2/26/2021 @ 1:0pm
Please read the important updates and reminders below.
1. FALL ENROLLMENT: Enrollment for the Fall 2021 Semester opened on February 15th. Please reach out to your academic advisor and/or program coordinator. It is important for you to enroll early to ensure you get into the classes you need.
2. GRADUATION: Letters have been mailed to all students who declared to graduate AND indicated they were participating in the virtual commencement ceremony by the deadline. Students also received the letter by email. The letter is linked here for your reference and is also posted on the website under the Student Records, Graduation tab. https://www.iowacentral.edu/student_records/GraduateLetter2021.pdf
3. OPERATIONAL PLAN, VERSION 3.0: It is important that you read and understand the information included in this document which is available here
4. ATHLETIC EVENT INDOOR ATTENDANCE UPDATE: This update pertains to basketball, volleyball, and wrestling home events. Iowa Central is following the new guidelines allowed by our conference office for indoor home events. We are allowing each player/coach to put four people on a pass list to come to our facility to watch our indoor contests. ID’s of the individuals on the pass list are checked for verification prior to allowing them to enter our gymnasium. Spectators are required to properly wear a mask and social distance while in attendance. THE INTENT OF THE REVISED GUIDELINE IS TO ALLOW IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS TO COME AND WATCH THEIR STUDENT-ATHLETE COMPETE. We are still not encouraging or allowing our general student body population to attend our indoor home events during this “modified” year (due to COVID). We are all hopeful that next year things will be different, and that we will be able to “JAM the GYM” with our student body at all of our home indoor athletic events.
Reminder to stay home if you have any COVID-19 symptoms (fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, congestion, runny nose, nausea or vomiting and diarrhea). Next, contact Amber Graves or Carmon Slininger in the school nurse’s office at 515-574-1047. Further assessment and direction will be provided. Email your instructors after you have contacted the School Nurse Office.
As always, please social distance and properly wear your face covering over your nose and mouth. We appreciate your continued attention to following the guidelines and protocol put in place to allow Iowa Central to have as much face to face interaction as possible. Thank you!
Further guidance can be found in our most recent Operational Plan (V 3.0)
Have a great weekend!
General COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information & Tips
- Call ahead if you have these symptoms
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Symptoms
- Stopping the spread of germs
- What you need to know about COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Facts