COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
Last updated 11/20/2020 @ 11:40am
Students and Family,
Iowa Central has released a Covid-19 Operational Plan (V 1.0). You will see just minor updates, but I ask that you review the document as a refresher to the college re-opening plan
We are getting closer to the finish line for the end of the semester, and I want to thank you for all your hard work and following all the new regulations that had to be put in place because of COVID-19. We have been able to finish this semester because of you following those guidelines. With that side, the battle isn’t over and we will continue to need to follow all the guidelines when we return for the Spring semester.
Just a few updates as we wrap up the Fall Semester:
- Housing students can leave their belongs in their rooms, but I would encourage you to take any valuables home. Remember to take your devices and chargers in case we have to go virtual for the start of the Spring.
- You will be out of your apartments for over 5 weeks, so please do the following or you may come back to an unpleasant odor in your apartment:
- Clean out your refrigerator.
- Remove any other food that could spoil while you are gone.
- Make sure to close your windows.
- Enter a work order for any issues you have with your apartment, so they can be fixed while you are gone.
- Take ALL trash to the dumpster.
- Make sure to take your emotional support pet home with you.
- Check our website www.iowacentral.edu/bookstore for the most up to date hours and bookstore information.
- Please read the email that was sent out from the bookstore because it includes important information.
- Rental books can be returned between November 23rd and December 4th, your name will be entered into a drawing for a chance at $200 gift card or free textbooks for the Spring semester.
- If you are not planning to return for the Spring semester your devices must be returned to the bookstore by January 14th. The devices must be reset to factory settings before you return them.
- You can ship your them via United States Postal Service, FedEx, or UPS. You will be responsible for properly packaging the device (adding bubble wrap to ensure it isn’t damaged), and obtaining a tracking number and insurance for the package so that if it is lost or damaged, you can be reimbursed. Make sure you include your name and student ID number inside the package so we know who the device belongs to. If you would like confirmation that your package was received, include an email address inside the package so we can email you delivery confirmation
- Pre-order your books for next term beginning December 1, see www.iowacentral.edu/bookstore for more details.
Just a few updates for the upcoming Spring Semester:
- Below is the schedule for move-in for the Spring term:
- January 3rd from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm: General Students, Men’s and Women’s Basketball, Volleyball, Men’s and Women’s Track and Field, Wrestling, Men’s and Women’s Swimming, and Baseball.
- January 4th from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm: General Students, Men’s and Women’s Bowling, Men’s and Women’s Tennis, Men’s and Women’s Soccer, Cheer, Dance, Marching Band, Softball, Golf, and Sports Shooting.
- January 5th form 8:00 am to 3:00 pm: General Students, Football, Rugby, Rodeo, and E-Sports.
- All move-in will be done in the Career Education Building (CEB). It will be limited to the student and two helpers.
- Classes will begin on January 6th and end on April 22nd. We will NOT have a spring break this year. So, please plan according to that schedule. Below are some important dates:
- January 6 First Day of Spring Semester
- January 12 Last Day to Add/Drop Face-to-Face/Virtual Classes*
- February 15 Enrollment Opens for Fall 2021
- April 12 Last Day to Request to Withdraw from Classes*
- April 19-22 Final Exams
- April 22 Commencement
- April 26 Last Day of Spring Semester
*Dates vary for classes that are less than one full semester.
- Students needing books or devices for spring courses can place their order online at www.iowacentral.edu/bookstore beginning December 1. At check out, you can choose to have the books shipped to you via UPS or you can select local pick up and come to the bookstore pick up location.
- Detailed instructions on how to place online orders (credit card or financial aid) will be posted to the website December 1.
Have a great holiday break and please be safe. Practice social distancing and wear your masks! Prior to your return please review the COVID-19 Operational Plan that is located on the website. Also, during break please check your email and website for any updates. Should we have to make any changes, we will email and post them on the website. We look forward to getting you back on campus and having another great semester!
Dr. Dan Kinney
Iowa Central Community College
General COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information & Tips
- Call ahead if you have these symptoms
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Symptoms
- Stopping the spread of germs
- What you need to know about COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Facts