COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
Last updated 1/12/2021 @ 4:30pm
Iowa Central Students and Families,
Welcome to campus! We are off to a great start of the spring semester. Thank you to all returning students for doing your part last semester to ensure Iowa Central was able to stay open all fall semester. We hope you had a wonderful holiday break, and we are excited to have all of our students back either face-to-face, online or virtually.
Iowa Central has a COVID-19 Operational Plan located under the COVID-19 section of our website. Please review this plan, especially if you are a new student.
Update from our health team:
Symptoms for COVID 19 include fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, congestion and runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
Please stay home if you have any of these symptoms. Next, contact Amber Graves or Carmon Slininger in the School Nurse Office at (515) 574-1047. Further assessment and direction will be provided from them. Email you instructors after you have contacted the School Nurse Office.
Quarantine time after exposure remains at 14 days as recommended by the CDC. Isolation time after testing positive for COVID 19 remains at 10 days from the start of symptoms or 10 days from the day of testing if asymptomatic.
COVID 19 vaccine distribution in Webster County is handled by the Webster County Health Department . We are in close communication with them concerning this topic. Information will be provided as it becomes available.
The Webster County COVID hotline remains open for questions at (515) 227-7153. The main number to Webster County Health Department is (515) 573-4107 for questions as well.
Reminder to wear masks over mouth and nose, not just over the mouth, to protect yourself and others around you! Masks are mandatory on campus.
Update from our bookstore:
- Check our website www.iowacentral.edu/bookstore for the most up to date hours and bookstore information.
- If you are not planning to return for the Spring semester, your devices and books must be returned to the bookstore by January 14th. The devices must be reset to factory settings before you return them.
- You can ship your books/device via United States Postal Service, FedEx, or UPS. You will be responsible for properly packaging the device (adding bubble wrap to ensure it isn’t damaged), and obtaining a tracking number and insurance for the package so that if it is lost or damaged, you can be reimbursed. Make sure you include your name and student ID number inside the package so we know who the device belongs to. If you would like confirmation that your package was received, include an email address inside the package so we can email you delivery confirmation.
Important 2021 Spring Semester Reminders:
- January 12 last day to add/drop face-to-face/virtual classes*
- February 15 enrollment opens for Fall 2021
- There is no spring break this semester
- April 12 last day to request to withdraw from classes*
- April 19-22 final exams
- April 22 Commencement
- April 26 last day of semester
*Dates vary for classes that are less than one full semester
Please remember the battle with COVID-19 is not over, practice social distancing and wear your masks; they are required on campus. Also, a reminder to check your email and website for updates, should we make any changes, we will email and post them on the website.
Iowa Central understands that you may have challenges that arise during this uncertain time, we are here to help you. Iowa Central has a success plan for any student who may end up in quarantine. If you are in quarantine please contact Amber Graves at 515-574-1047 and she will get the success team in contact with you. If you are struggling with your classes/format of classes please contact your instructor or advisor. If you do not know who to contact please call 1-800-362-2793 and 515-576-7201 and someone will assist you.
We are looking forward to a great semester! Welcome back and remember we are in this together.
Dr. Stacy Mentzer
Vice President of Instruction
General COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information & Tips
- Call ahead if you have these symptoms
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Symptoms
- Stopping the spread of germs
- What you need to know about COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Facts