COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
Beginning May 1, 2021, visitors at the Fort Dodge main campus will no longer check-in at the Greehey Family Student Success Center. Visitors will be asked to not visit campus if you are not feeling well, have symptoms, or have been exposed to COVID-19.
Last updated 4/30/2021 @ 10:00am
Please read the important updates and reminders below.
- Vaccine: A vaccine clinic will be on campus in the Career Education Building on Friday, April 16 from 9am to 12pm. To sign up, call Amber at 515-574-1047 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to provide the following: first and last name, date of birth, cell phone number, and appointment time preference. This is a single dose vaccine, so you do not need to make a second appointment and will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the shot
- Housing Returning Students: Make sure you attend your scheduled housing meeting and communicate with the Housing Office if you will be returning for the 2021-2022 academic year as well as any housing needs you have.
- Devices: If you are not enrolled for summer OR fall classes, you must return your device to the Iowa Central Bookstore by May 3, 2021. You are required to reset your device and return it with the charger.
If your device is not reset upon return, your student account will be charged $35 in order for us to reset it for you. Instructions on how to reset your device can be found here. This will clear any personal information you have on your device. If you do not return the charger, your student account will be charged $40.
You can return your device in person during our normal business hours or you can return your device by shipping it to the return address listed below. You can ship your device via United States Postal Service, FedEx, or UPS. You will be responsible for properly packaging the device (adding bubble wrap to ensure it isn’t damaged), and obtaining a tracking number and insurance for the package so that if it is lost or damaged, you can be reimbursed.
Make sure you include your name and student ID number inside the package so we know who the device belongs to. If you would like confirmation that your device was received, include an email address inside the package so we can email you delivery confirmation.
- Finals: Reminder – Finals start on Thursday, April 15th. Please check the finals schedule located at https://www.iowacentral.edu/finals_sp.asp to check your final exam times. If you have any questions reach out to your instructors. Finals may NOT be taken outside of the scheduled time without prior approval from the Vice President of Instruction.
Reminder to stay home if you have any COVID-19 symptoms (fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, congestion, runny nose, nausea or vomiting and diarrhea). Next, contact Amber Graves or Carmon Slininger in the School Nurse’s Office at 515-574-1047. Further assessment and direction will be provided. Email your instructors after you have contacted the School Nurse Office.
As always, please social distance and properly wear your face covering over your nose and mouth. For CDC recommendations regarding masks you can visit the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html. We appreciate your continued attention to following the guidelines and protocol put in place to allow Iowa Central to have as much face to face interaction as possible. Thank you!
Have a great weekend!
General COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information & Tips
- Call ahead if you have these symptoms
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Symptoms
- Stopping the spread of germs
- What you need to know about COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Facts