Triton Humanitarian Award
The Triton Humanitarian Award is the highest honor given by Iowa Central. This award honors a person who has provided leadership or meritorious service to Iowa Central Community College, Eagle Grove Junior College, Webster City Junior College, or Fort Dodge Junior College and exemplifies the College’s strong commitment to excellence.
A person must meet at least three of the following to be eligible for induction:
- Demonstrates high standards of integrity and character.
- Demonstrates achievement in his/her respected vocation or life’s work.
- Demonstrates strong support of Iowa Central through contributions; either financial, material, or service of time and talent.
- Through dedication and character, has inspired others to higher achievement.
- Demonstrates leadership/service to his/her home community.
There are no restrictions on who may nominate. However, those nominating someone MUST be identified and secure the permission of the nominee. The nominator must also secure two additional letters of recommendation to be submitted to the Executive Director of Development and Alumni Relations.
The inaugural class will feature one inductee and each subsequent class will have no more than one inductee each year.
The inductee will be honored each year at the Alumni Homecoming Celebration. The induction ceremony will be held on Saturday, October 5th, 2019.
A nomination form can filled out via the link below, downloaded here, or a copy can be picked up at the office of the Executive Director of Development and Alumni Relations.
Iowa Central is awesome. There are personable teachers, a large campus feel, excellent music and drama departments, and the college is generous with scholarships. I’ve had some of the best experiences of my life here.