Agricultural Technology Program
In the dynamic realm of today's agriculture, this program is designed to prepare students for the production, retail, and service aspects of the agriculture industry. Students will gain employable skills through such courses as animal science, crop production, farm business management, and field studies. In addition, students will receive practical experience in some of the largest agricultural businesses in the Midwest. The college farm also provides the resources for students to apply many farm management skills. Upon the completion of this Associate of Applied Sciences program, students may seek full-time employment in agriculture or may choose to continue their education.
Check us out on Social Media
In addition to General, Foundation, and External Scholarship opportunities there are many other scholarships available for Agricultural Technology program students.
- Iowa Central Agricultural Endowed Scholarship
- Iowa Central Agricultural Program Scholarship
- Industrial Technology Department Scholarship
- Webster County Farm Bureau Agriculture Scholarship
- Ann Smeltzer Charitable Trust Scholarship
- Iowa Corn Scholarship
- Ty Carlson Memorial Rodeo Scholarship
We do offer training in our IPM class that leads to and allows the students to test for their, Commercial Applicator Certification as well as Private Pesticide Applicator Certification. This certification is only good in Iowa. Each state has their own requirements.
- Agricultural Education Teacher
- Agricultural Sales Representative
- Agronomist/Crop Consultant
- Animal Nutritionist
- Animal Scientist
- Animal Caretaker
- Crop Producer
- Cooperative Extension Agent
- Livestock Producer
- Precision Ag Specialist
- Custom Spray Operator
- Farm Manager
- Farm Appraiser
- Ag Lender/Loan Officer
- Soil Scientist/Soil Conservationist
- Veterinary Assistant
- Agronomy sales
- Crop Scouting Advisor
- Soil Sampler
- Elevator Operations
I love the late nights in the library studying with friends, sometimes laughing more than studying.