The Carpentry program provides students with the skills needed to successfully enter the construction industry. The main emphasis of this program is residential carpentry with related instruction in concrete, dry wall, roofing, and mechanical systems. Building Science and "House as a System" technology are integrated throughout this program. Upon completion of this program students will be prepared for employment in the carpentry trade. Students who successfully complete this program will be awarded a diploma in Carpentry. (start classes in June or August)
- To acquire the basic knowledge and basic skill for job entry.
- Obtain knowledge of materials used in house construction.
- Effectively use hand and power tools with safety.
- To gain knowledge of the related building trades and their relation to carpentry.
- To become familiar with the terminology associated with carpentry and the related building trades and to communicate effectively.
At Iowa Central the professors focus on the success of the students, and with small class sizes it makes interaction with the professors easier. You are not just some random number in a class at Iowa Central. The teachers are always available and can respond to any question you may have in a timely manner.