The Future Ready Iowa Last-Dollar Scholarship is an award that covers the remaining tuition and institution-wide mandatory fees after non-repayable state and federal financial aid are applied. The Last-Dollar Scholarship focuses on increasing opportunities for more Iowans to acquire the skills to fill high-demand jobs and meet workforce needs, so it is not based on income but you must fill out a FAFSA to be eligible.
This scholarship is available for any student who wants to earn a post-secondary credential, up to an associate degree, that leads to a job designated as high-demand by the Iowa Workforce Development Board.
Apply in 3 Easy Steps
- 1. Complete your 2021-2022 FAFSA application at studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa by August 1, 2021. Call 800-362-2793 if you need assistance.
- 2. Apply to Iowa Central at www.iowacentral.edu/admissions. Call 515-574-1005 to visit with our Admissions Office.
- 3. Enroll in one of the high demand program listed below!
Associate of Applied Science (2 years)
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Agriculture Business
- Agriculture Studies
- Animal Science
- Automotive Technology
- Computer Integrated Fabrication Technology
- Computer Networking Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Dental Hygiene
- Diesel Technology
- Heating and Air Conditioning Technology
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Lab Technician
- Radiology Technology
- Securing Information Technology
- Web Technology
I chose Iowa Central because it provided an extremely good opportunity for me to have a successful path in my chiropractic endeavors. My favorite memory here at Iowa Central was meeting so many people who I know continue to have an impact on my life down the road.