Iowa Central Sets Homecoming Weekend
by Iowa Central Information
Posted on 6/24/2015
Iowa Central Community College sets 2015 Homecoming/Alumni and Friends weekend for October 24, 2015, and is now accepting nominations for the Triton Hall of Fame class.
Nominations for the Distinguished Alumni, Athletic Hall of Fame, and the Humanitarian Award can be accessed online at http://www.iowacentral.edu/foundation/hof.asp?f=t or can be picked up at the Foundation office.
New this year is the Triton Athletic Team Award. The criteria for this award is as follows:
- A team shall be eligible for nomination seven full seasons following the completion of the season for which they have been nominated.
- Must have distinguished themselves on the playing field (i.e. outstanding win-loss record, league championship, NCJCAA tournament participation).
- Teams should have brought prestige to Iowa Central in and out of the athletic area.
There are no restrictions on who may nominate someone. However, those nominating someone MUST be identified and secure the permission of the nominee. The nominator must also secure three letters of support to be submitted to the Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations.
Inductees will be honored at the Alumni and Friends Banquet on Saturday, October 24th.
A schedule of the weekend activities is listed:
- 1:00 p.m. – Triton football game at Dodger Stadium vs. Ellsworth.
- Alumni and Friends Banquet and Hall of Fame Inductions
5:00 p.m. Social hour and Silent Auction
6:00 p.m. Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
7:30 p.m. Banquet (Triton Café)/Live Auction
“I am excited that the Homecoming committee picked Ellsworth for the contest. Since my arrival as head coach in 1996 that has always been our most fierce rival. Dating back to the 1970’s and 1980’s (and the great Paul Shupe led Triton squads), the Ellsworth game has always been the one you circled. There is no love-loss between the two schools and it will be a battle worth seeing on the 24th of October – we can’t wait.” --Coach Kevin Twait.
You do not need to be an alumni to attend the event; the public is encouraged to come out and help us celebrate our rich heritage as we welcome the new inductees into the Triton Hall of Fame. All proceeds go to Iowa Central’s scholarship fund.
To reserve your Homecoming Banquet tickets or to reserve a table, contact the Foundation Office at 515-574-1137.