Student Records at Iowa Central
Transfer of Credit into Iowa Central

Transfer of College Credit into Iowa Central

When evaluating transcripts from other regionally accredited, post-secondary institutions, Iowa Central considers the guidelines of AACRAO (the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers). Iowa Central requires an official transcript sent by the other college to the Student Records Office before credit is placed on the Iowa Central transcript.

  • Only courses required by the student and current program of study are transferred into Iowa Central.
  • Military credit transferring in is based on ACE (American Council on Education) recommendations.
  • Sixteen (16) hours of Vocational-Technical credit applies toward the sixteen (16) hours of elective credit for the AA degree.
  • Transfer credit is granted by Iowa Central based on the credits granted at the awarding institution. Quarter hours of credit are converted to semester hours. Iowa Central multiplies the quarter-hour by 0.66 to calculate the equivalent semester hour. Other unusual credit granting options are looked at based on the narrative on the reverse side of the sending college transcript.

Students are responsible for monitoring their transfer of credit into Iowa Central. Students are encouraged to provide course descriptions or other documentation about their transfer credit if they do not agree with the Registrar's evaluation of their credit. Transfer credit appears on the Iowa Central degree audit with the label of TE.

Contact Us

Mailing Address:

Iowa Central Community College
Attn: Student Records
One Triton Circle
Fort Dodge, Iowa 50501

Email Address:

Courtney Kopp
Sarah Ramthun
Assistant Registrar
Carmin Miller
Student Records Secretary

I got recommended for the robotics program from someone I know that took the same program. So I took a campus visit and I was very impressed.

Ethan Boileau
Industrial Robotics and Automation
Read more testimonials!