University of Iowa Transfer Information
2 Plus 2
HOW THE PLAN WORKS
The 2 Plus 2 Plan is for students who want to earn an associate of arts degree at Iowa Central Community College before transferring to The University of Iowa to earn a bachelor's degree. The plan connects you with Iowa advisors early on so you take the right courses at the right time to complete both degrees in a total of four years.
Stay close to home for the first two years of college, saving time and money while earning your AA degree. When you transfer to Iowa, you'll automatically be considered a junior, and the University guarantees access to the courses you'll need to earn a bachelor's degree in just two more years.
ENJOY IOWA BENEFITS BEFORE YOU TRANSFER
Participants receive these Iowa benefits even before transferring:
- Guaranteed early registration for your first semester at Iowa, ensuring your seat in those essential classes.
- Iowa admission counselors and academic advisors helping you every step of the way.
- An Iowa One Card (your official UI student ID card), e-mail account, and electronic access to your records.
- Access to the Pomerantz Career Center for career and internship exploration.
- Use of University Libraries' extensive resources.
- Discounted admission to select athletic and cultural events with your Iowa One Card.
Because of the 2 Plus 2 guarantee, participants are required to meet certain requirements in order to join the plan, and meet ongoing requirements and checkpoints to remain in the plan after transferring.
2 Plus 2 Plan students will transfer into either the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences or the Tippie College of Business. 2 Plus 2 Plan students must meet the following requirements in order to transfer to The University of Iowa.
- Sign the 2 Plus 2 Plan Agreement before earning more than 30 semester hours of college credit.
- Choose a major that qualifies for the 2 Plus 2 Plan.
- Complete the checkpoints for your major. (Visit the Available Majors page for more information.)
- Complete the foreign language requirement for your major.
- Apply for Transfer Admission to The University of Iowa in a timely manner.
- Be admitted to the program or major of your choice when transferring to Iowa.
- Participate in Early Registration at The University of Iowa.
- Complete an AA degree.
Sign Up Now
If you think the 2 Plus 2 Guaranteed Graduation Plan fits your goals, sign up now. The earlier you sign up, the more likely the Plan will work for you. To sign up for the plan, create your application account and complete the online 2 Plus 2 Guaranteed Graduation Plan Agreement (there is no 2 Plus 2 application fee) and send the University of Iowa Office of Admissions an official high school transcript.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
- You'll begin working with counselors and advisors who will help you choose appropriate courses to put you on track to graduate in four years.
You'll receive a Hawk ID and password after we receive your signed agreement. The Hawk ID and password will allow you to access MyUI, the University's web-based service system.
Bachelor of Applied Studies
The Bachelor of Applied Studies is designed for graduates of community college technical programs with at least three years of work experience. Detailed information is available at:
Bachelor of Liberal Studies
The Bachelor of Liberal Studies is an option for graduates of Iowa community colleges, persons who wish to complete degree work begun in the past at the University of Iowa and others with sufficient credit hours who wish to complete their bachelor’s degree work. More information can be found at:
Diversity is important to me. For people to learn and grow, there must be diversity in the workplace, schools, and sports. That is another reason I wanted to go to Iowa Central; there are so many people here from across the world, all with different backgrounds and life experiences. I saw Iowa Central as an opportunity not only to grow in both academics and in athletics, but also to become a stronger person.