Class A CDL
Class A CDL Course
- One day of training consisting of pre-trip inspection, backing/skills training and road testing. (Same day train/test)
- Must have written tests taken and possess a valid Permit. (General knowledge, air brakes and combination). You cannot be scheduled for testing in the truck until you have possessed the Permit for 15 days.
- You must provide us with copies of your Driver’s license and paper Permit prior to being scheduled to train/test.
- This program is not a certificate course and is designed for those who need to obtain a CDL for personal use (such as grain, livestock, motor coach, ETC).
- The one day program is not for individuals who wish to be over the road truck drivers; due to company policies the individuals who take this program will not be hired. Longer courses are available if you are interested in truck driving as a career.
- Courses offered weekly (Mon, Tues, Wed), the training is from 6am to 1pm with testing to follow. DOT testing is done onsite.
- Cost $400, his must be paid before we can register you for the class.
- $400 includes the training and the use of our manual or automatic truck to test.
- Check out the following websites to take a FREE cdl practice tests:
- CDL Training/Licensing is Federally regulated. All must be able to read, speak, write, and comprehend in English (no interpreters are allowed per CDL Regulations/Laws).
I found a program at Iowa Central that fit exactly what I was looking to do for a career.