Transportation Technology Center (TTC)
According to the ATA (American Trucking Association-Oct 2021 report) the trucking industry is short 80,000 drivers which is creating a supply chain slowdown. Iowa Central is striving to help with the driver shortage by providing safe and skilled drivers to the trucking industry.
Truck driving can provide you with the freedom, stability and competitive pay you desire, while working in a career our whole economy depends on. If you are ready for a career change, Iowa Central is the place to go to gain experience and become comfortable and successful behind the wheel!
Iowa Central Community College is a Registered Training Provider, meeting and exceeding the FMCSA ELDT requirements (Theory and BTW). We are also an authorized 3rd party testing center with all testing done on site by our certified DOT testers. Iowa Central Community College has been training professional truck driving students to the industry since 1971.
*All applicants are required by the DOT and the FMCSA to be able to speak, read and comprehend English.
What makes us different:
- Financial aid makes school affordable and requires no money down to those that qualify.
- Extensive behind the wheel time (BTW) not only teaches students how to drive but also provides practice in real life situations.
- Longer classes means more time to prepare for pre-trip, skills and driving tests.
- DOT testing done on-site.
- Learn to drive manual and automatic trucks.
- On-site, furnished housing is available.
- Out-of-state students are welcome - no extra out-of-state costs.
- Recruiters visit to supply company information and pre-hires.
- Additional grants are available to those that qualify.
Thank you and we look forward to assisting you with the start of your new career! If you have any questions, please contact:Kelsey Klaver (Recruitment & Student Specialist)
515-574-1965 call or text 515-570-3524
Jamie Hoshaw (Associate Dean)
515-574-1964 call or text 515-570-3525
I have enjoyed meeting a lot of new friends and hanging out with them from other states or countries that come and learn at Iowa Central.