Transportation Technology Center (TTC)
Now, more than ever, truck drivers are in high demand. Truck driving is a lucrative career with the average wage in the United States of $61,000/year (Indeed.com). Those who obtain a CDL and the proper training can look forward to consistent job security as truck driving is an essential need in the country and there will always be jobs available either local or over the road.
Iowa Central has provided skilled, professional truck drivers to the industry since 1971. We boast one of the best CDL training courses in the country with our PTDI certified Full CDL course. We care about our students and our experienced instructors strive to provide the training necessary to be a safe driver with longevity in trucking industry.
What makes us different:
- Financial aid-makes school affordable and with no money down to those that qualify.
- 99% job placement (2019 PTDI reporting). OTR or local-nationwide.
- No company contracts.
- Extensive behind the wheel time not only teaches students how to drive but also provides practice in real life situations.
- More time to prepare for pre-trip, skills and drive tests. Testing done onsite.
- Learn to drive manual and automatic trucks.
- Onsite, furnished housing.
- Out of state welcome, no extra out of state costs.
- Recruiter visits to supply company information and pre hires.
- Additional grants available to those that qualify.
- GI bill approved.
To find out about the different courses we offer click on the CDL Programs and Courses link above. For more information or to sign up for a course, contact us at 515-574-1964 or 515-574-1965 or click on the Request Information on CDL Programs icon.