Last updated 11/20/2020 @ 2:30pm
Is the Iowa Central REC opened back up?
The Iowa Central REC re-opened Friday, May 1 as allowed by Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds. The following rules are in place for re-opening:
- New hours: 5am-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat. 8am-2pm and Sunday 12-5pm with deep cleans after last hour.
- We will be limited areas we allow members- For the college only the main weight room, cardio room and locker rooms will be open.
- We will not have towel service but encourage members to bring their own towel- we will still supply disinfectant wipes we use at all our other locations.
- We will have signage posted: Do not enter if you are experiencing a running nose, cough, sore throat and fever while encouraging social distancing of 6 feet (only every other piece of cardio will be functioning). We will also have listed washing hands with soap/water and using hand sanitizer (all listed our on our signage)
- At other locations, steps are being put into place to gradually open. Kids care at downtown will not be open, sauna, steam rooms not open, fitness class size will be limited.
If the situation changes how will I be notified?
- Check your Iowa Central email
- Check the Iowa Central website at www.iowacentral.edu
- Sign up for Triton Alerts
My class is hands-on. Will we meet?
Your instructor will contact you with instructions for moving forward. Hands on instruction is being evaluated individually.
Will activities or clubs still meet?
Not at this time.
I am taking all of my courses online, but I need access to a building on campus for a services such as the Academic Resource Center. How do I request a key FOB
To request a key FOB for non-housing students taking ALL courses online, contact your advisor. If you do not know your advisor, please email Ann Lenox at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 515-574-1137, or 1-800-362-2793 ext. 1137.
Is the Bookstore open?
The bookstore is open. However, It is now mandatory for the upcoming semester that all textbook orders be placed online, through the bookstore website, to be shipped directly to the student or picked up curbside at the bookstore.
Orders are to be placed in 1 of 2 ways.
- If you are planning to have financial aid money remaining after all tuition, fees, and housing have been covered, follow the link below to submit a financial aid textbook request. Please make sure to indicate if your order is to be shipped or held for local pick-up. Also be sure to indicate in the comments section if you would like to check out a device with your textbooks. https://secure.iowacentral.edu/bookstore/fin_aid.asp
These orders will BEGIN being filled on Tuesday, August 4th. Local pick-ups will begin on Thursday, August 6th. You will receive an email once your order is ready to go for local pick-up.
- If you are paying out of pocket using a credit or debit card, visit the bookstore website and use the quick search function in the upper right hand corner to search for your books and add them to your cart. If you need a device, type “device” in the quick search bar and add that to your cart as well. At the end of checking out, make sure to select UPS Ground if you want your order shipped, or Local Pick Up to get it from the pick-up point on campus. www.iowacentral.edu/bookstore
- These orders will be filled within 2 business days, as long as all items are in stock. You WILL receive an email once your order is ready to go for local pick-up.
Local Pick-Up Instructions
- Pull into parking lot #10, Monday-Friday, from 8 am to 3 pm. (This is the Student Resource Center parking lot.)
- If you are comfortable, park and walk over to the pick-up station located at the garage door on the WEST side of the building. There will be a sign indicating the pick-up spot. Please bring a photo ID of some kind.
- If you are not comfortable leaving your vehicle, call 515-574-1081, indicate you are here to pick up an order, your name, and the color of your vehicle, and someone will run your order out to you.
The bookstore is open to help those students that can only be served by coming into the physical location (including those needing nursing scrubs, nursing supplies, etc). In order to enter the building, you MUST FIRSTvisit the Visitor Check-In Station located in front of the Career Education Building. Your temperature will be taken and after being pre-screened, you will receive a visitor sticker to be allowed into the store. Masks must be worn properly at all times inside the building.
What about returning my device or previous semester rental books?
You can return your device with charger and rental textbooks by shipping them to the address listed below or dropping it off at the bookstore via our curbside services.
To drop it off, come to parking lot #10 and call 515-574-1081. Our staff will come out and collect your items.
You can ship your device via United States Postal Service, FedEx, or UPS. You will be responsible for properly packaging the device (adding bubble wrap to ensure it isn’t damaged), and obtaining a tracking number and insurance for the package so that if it is lost or damaged, you can be reimbursed. Make sure you include your name and student ID number inside the package so we know who the device belonged to.
Shipping costs are usually between $5-20 depending on which method you choose (USPS, UPS, FedEx)
Iowa Central Bookstore
5 Triton Circle
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
Returning students - If you checked out a Microsoft Surface Go device from the bookstore and ARE RETURNING to Iowa Central Community College for fall courses, you may keep your device over the summer break ONLY IF YOU ARE ENROLLED FOR FALL CLASSES. If you have not yet enrolled, please contact your advisor immediately to get enrolled.
Non-returning students - You will need to return your device and charger to the bookstore. If you do not return your device with charger to the bookstore, you will be charged $450 (Microsoft Go) or $1600 (MacBooks) for the replacement value.
If you return your device, but do not return your charger, you will be billed $40 for the replacement cost of the charger.
Students enrolled in summer courses, but not enrolled for fall courses, can keep their device until their summer course has ended.
For Iowa Central Bookstore questions, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 515-574-1082 or 515-574-1081.